This fledgling blog is only 2 months old and has a mere 10 followers but it has already been nominated for a Liebster Award thanks to the lovely and talented super young Sofia over at The Baking Owl. Thank-you again Sofia!
I hope that this baby blog of mine can grow bigger and faster very quickly! I am really enjoying cooking, baking, traveling and sharing my adventures with you; and I hope I can entertain and inspire you as much as your blogs are entertaining and inspiring me.
For those who are not familiar with this award, “Liebster” apparently means “favorite” in German making it the “Favorite Blog Award”. This is an award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers as a means of encouraging their efforts and boosting their traffic flow. But nothing in life comes free, so the rules are as follows:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions that were asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people who you think deserve the Liebster Award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees to answer.
Here are 11 perfectly random facts about me:
- I have lived on 3 continents (so far)
- My dream destination is Alaska in the summer
- I would love to see an orca whale in the wild
- I am obsessed with yoga and do it at least once daily
- I could eat french fries everyday if I had no conscience
- I have a CPR certification from the Red Cross
- My dream is to open a bakery or cafe one day
- I recently climbed an active volcano! Check this out
- I think kindness is the best trait anyone can have
- I love the sound of the ocean
- I stifle my sneezes so they are silent
Here are the answers to the questions I was asked:
- Favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving without a doubt because of the meaning behind it and because it’s a holiday shared by everyone regardless of religion, background or culture. The fact that you get to eat pecan pie, apple pie and enjoy the Fall doesn’t hurt either!
- Books or movies? Hmm, tough one. I’ve always been a reader but movies are an escape for me
- How would you spend the last day of your life? With the people I love
- Cakes or Cookies? Cakes
- What’s your favorite season of the year? Fall
- When’s your birthday? August 25th
- Do you prefer sweet or salty? Sweet 100%
- Favorite childhood book? A tie between The BFG (Roald Dahl) and Charlotte’s Web (EB White)
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? To make myself invisible
- When did you start writing your blog? April 7th 2014, it’s still a baby!
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what animal would it be? A dolphin! lol
Here are 11 blogs I nominate for this award:
- The Retro Teapot
- Confessions of a Baking Addict
- My Baking Cottage
- According to Dina
- Pots & Patterns
- The Polyglot Abroad
- Bubble & Sweet
- Ez The Baking Owl
- Daisy Cakes
- Boulder Baking Queen
Here are my 11 questions to my nominees:
- What is your dream travel destination?
- Who is your life aspiration? Why?
- What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- What one word in your opinion defines a “good” person?
- Cashews or almonds?
- What makes you smile?
- Favorite city in the whole world?
- Dream celebrity date?
- Favorite color and why?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you could change one thing in your personality, what would it be? Why?
Thank-you all so much for reading!